The original domaine was founded by Patrick Baudouin's grandparents, Maria Juby and Louis Juby. They inherited vineyards on the Bruandières hills in St Aubin de Luigné in the beginning of the 20th century and then in 1920 they bought La Cour d’Ardenay, in Chaudefonds sur Layon, and built their winery there.
After a stay in Paris and other professional activities, Patrick Baudouin came back to Anjou in 1990 to start a new winery on the basis of the small old family cellar, a few rented vines and beautiful hills. Today, the domaine includes 13,5 HA of producing vines: 10 ha of Chenin Blanc, 3,5 ha of Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon in Chaudefonds sur Layon, St Aubin de Luigné, Rochefort sur Loire (Quart de Chaume) and St Germain des Prés. In 2009, Patrick planted one hectare in Savennières.
The domaine produces reds, and dry and demi sec whites: Anjou blanc exclusively with Chenin blanc, red Anjou and Anjou Villages with Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon, and sweet wines with Chenin - Quart de Chaume and Coteaux du Layon.
In 1997, Patrick stopped using weed killers and started to plough the soil. In 2001, he stopped using herbicides, pesticides, systemic fungicides and synthetic fertilizers. The Domaine is certified organic since 2002. Any new vineyard, rented or bought is immediately farmed with organic practices. In the cellar and since 1994, no wine is chaptalized, and the use of sulphites has been limited to the minimum doses.