Extreme creations with taste and texture, food combinations in amazing presentations, incredible planning and execution of food service – what show did we attend? A food show by Chef Pierre Gagnaire at his flagship restaurant in Paris. Chef Pierre owns nine restaurants throughout the most famous cities in the world:
- 1. Paris, Pierre Gagnaire 1996
- 2. Paris, Gaya rive gauche 2005
- 3. London, Sketch 2002
- 4. Tokyo, Pierre Gagnaire a Tokyo 2005
- 5. Hong Kong, Pierre a Hong Kong 2008
- 6. Dubai, Reflets by Pierre Gagnaire 2008
- 7. Seoul, Pierre Gagnaire a Seoul 2008
- 8. Las Vegas, Twist by Pierre Gagnaire 2009
- 9. Moscow, Les Menus par Pierre Gagnaire 2010
He has been noted as a pioneer of molecular gastronomy and on the forefront of the fusion movement. S. Pellegrino rates his flagship as number 13 on the World's 50 Best Restaurants.The Keeper Team has enjoyed their fair share of the top 50, including
- #6 Alinea
- #8 Daniel
- #10 Per Se -- Keeper Review
- #15 Le Bernardin -- Keeper Review
- #26 Momofuku Ssam Bar -- Keeper Review
- #32 The French Laundry
- #44 La Maison Triosgros
- #45 wd~50
- #50 Eleven Madison Park -- Keeper Review, to name a few.
So, to see that Gagnaire’s flagship restaurant drop six spots this year is perplexing to our team.
Enough background information – let the Pierre Gagnaire spectacle begin! We are presented the menu and it looks so simple and elegant, imagining that the meal will be the same, very classic French.
As we open to see what is in store for our Chef’s Tasting Menu, we are swept into another world, realizing that we are about to embark on an untouchable food adventure.